Hurricane-proof windows and doors withstand the high winds, rain, and flying debris that often accompany hurricanes. This makes them an essential investment for homeowners in Florida. Their importance lies in protecting homes and occupants from potential damage and injury caused by hurricanes.
Florida is one of the states most affected by hurricanes, with an average of 1.5 hurricanes in the state each year. These hurricanes can cause billions of dollars in property damage, as well as loss of life and displacement of families.
Hurricane Windows: Protecting Your Home from Extreme Weather
Hurricane-proof windows protect homes from wind, rain, and flying debris during a hurricane. They do this with the power of impact-resistant glass and durable frames that prevent shattering and structural failure. This protection ensures that the home’s occupants and interior remain safe during a hurricane.
These windows are designed and tested to withstand high winds and pressure. This protection comes from the engineering of thicker glass, reinforced frames, and other special features such as interlayers and laminates. These features allow the windows to resist breaking and deformation, which ensures that the window stays intact and can continue to protect the home.
Upgrade your home with hurricane windows now to experience:
- Energy efficiency: Hurricane-proof windows often have low-E coatings and insulated glass, which can help reduce energy costs by preventing heat loss or gain.
- Noise reduction: The thicker glass and insulating properties of hurricane-proof windows can help reduce outdoor noise levels and create a more peaceful indoor environment.
- UV protection: The special coatings and interlayers used in hurricane-proof windows can help block harmful UV rays from entering the home. This can help reduce fading of furniture and carpets.
Hurricane-Proof Doors: An Ironclad Defense Against Hurricane Winds
Hurricane-proof doors are a crucial part of protecting a home during a storm. These doors are reinforced with special materials and mechanisms that prevent wind and water from entering through the entry points. They can help keep a home and its inhabitants safe during even the most severe hurricanes.
There are different types of hurricane-proof doors available. This is including impact-resistant glass doors and steel doors. Impact-resistant glass doors are designed to withstand high-speed winds and flying debris, while steel doors offer additional strength and durability. Homeowners can choose the type of door that best suits their needs and budget.
Proper installation and maintenance of hurricane-proof doors are crucial to ensure maximum protection. Doors must have correct installation to prevent any gaps or leaks that could allow wind or water to enter. Meanwhile, regular maintenance and inspections are necessary to ensure that the doors remain in good condition and can provide the necessary protection during a storm.
What are the Advantages of Hurricane Windows and Doors? Stunning Curb Appeal, Stellar Security
Hurricane-impact windows and doors not only provide protection against extreme weather but also add to the aesthetic appeal of a home. With a wide range of styles and designs available, homeowners can choose the perfect windows and doors to complement their home’s architecture and enhance its beauty.
In addition to improving the appearance of a home, hurricane-impact windows and doors also provide added security with sturdy locks. These windows and doors are designed to withstand strong winds and impact from flying debris, all while making it difficult for intruders to break in.
By installing hurricane-impact windows and doors, homeowners can have peace of mind knowing that their home is both safe and beautiful. These windows and doors are a worthwhile investment that can increase the value of a home while providing long-lasting protection against extreme weather and unwanted intruders.
Other benefits of hurricane windows and doors include:
- Hurricane-proof windows and doors can protect homes from high winds and flying debris during storms, reducing damage and increasing safety.
- For example, during Hurricane Irma in 2017, homes with impact-resistant windows and doors suffered less damage than those without.
- Hurricane-proof windows and doors can also improve energy efficiency and noise reduction in homes.
- According to the Department of Energy, windows with low-e coatings can help save energy by up to 50%.
- Insurance companies often offer discounts to homeowners with hurricane-proof windows and doors, as they are seen as a safety feature.
- Some insurance companies in Florida offer up to 45% discounts for impact-resistant windows and doors. Check with your insurance company for specific details.
- Hurricane-proof windows and doors can increase the resale value of homes, as they are a desirable feature for buyers.
- Climate change is making stormproof homes more important than ever before.
The Risks of Foregoing Hurricane Windows and Doors in Florida
New windows and doors can be a significant expense. Some homeowners may choose to forego these products to save money. However, there are risks to not installing hurricane-resistant windows and doors in your home, such as:
- The risks of not installing hurricane impact windows and doors in a Florida home are significant. Florida is prone to hurricanes and other extreme weather events, which can cause severe damage to homes and put occupants at risk. Without proper protection, a home’s windows and doors are vulnerable to wind, rain, and flying debris during a hurricane.
- If a home’s windows and doors are not hurricane-resistant, there is a high risk of damage to the property and potential injury to occupants. Flying debris can break through unprotected windows and doors. This allows for wind and rain to enter the home, causing significant damage to the interior and potentially putting occupants at risk of injury.
- Homes without hurricane impact windows and doors may also have higher insurance premiums. Insurance companies may view a home without proper protection as a higher risk, leading to higher premiums or difficulty in obtaining insurance coverage.
- The risks of not installing hurricane impact windows and doors in a Florida home are significant and can lead to property damage, personal injury, and higher insurance costs. It’s essential to invest in proper protection to ensure the safety and security of both the home and its occupants during extreme weather events.
No Shutters Required: Get Protection from Hurricanes with Storm Pro Window & Door
The main benefits of hurricane-proof windows and doors in Florida homes are increased protection from high winds and flying debris during storms, as well as improved energy efficiency and noise reduction. Additionally, homeowners can receive insurance discounts and increase the resale value of their homes by installing impact-resistant windows and doors.
If you live in Florida, it’s important to consider investing in hurricane-proof windows and doors before the next hurricane season. By doing so, you can protect your home and family, reduce damage and increase safety, and even save money on insurance and energy costs.
Don’t wait until it’s too late to protect your home from hurricane damage. Contact Storm Pro Window and Door today for a consultation or quote on hurricane-proof window and door replacements. With their expertise and high-quality products, you can have peace of mind knowing your home is ready for the next storm.