Summer is around the corner, and we all know that this means two things: high temperatures and hurricanes. Energy efficient windows in Florida play a crucial role in keeping homes cool during the hot summer months. These products reduce heat gain, blocking out the sun’s harmful rays while still allowing natural light to enter the home. By minimizing the amount of energy required to cool your home, energy efficient windows can significantly reduce energy bills and promote sustainable living.
Homeowners in Florida looking to beat the heat this summer can consider installing energy efficient windows to stay comfortable and save money. This is especially true when you choose Storm Pro Window & Door!
The Benefits of Hurricane Impact Windows and Doors for Energy Efficiency
Hurricane impact windows and doors offer more than just protection against severe weather conditions. Their durable construction and insulation properties provide additional benefits. This includes enhanced security, noise reduction, and improved energy efficiency.
By blocking out noise and preventing heat transfer, these windows and doors can make homes more comfortable and cost-effective. When you are shopping for energy efficient windows in Florida, as well as doors, there are several features to consider.
Energy Saving Features of Hurricane Impact Windows and Doors
- Inert Gasses: Hurricane impact windows often feature argon or krypton gas-filled panes, which act as insulation and reduce heat transfer.
- Foam-Filled Frames: Foam helps prevent air leaks and further reduce heat transfer.
- Low-E Glazing: Impact windows and doors often feature low-emissivity (Low-E) coatings. The idea is to reflect heat and UV rays while still allowing natural light to enter the home.
- Multiple Panes: Many impact windows and doors feature multiple panes of glass, which provide added insulation and reduce the transfer of heat and cold.
- Tight Seals: Impact windows and doors are designed with tight seals, which prevent air leaks and keep homes comfortable and energy efficient.
- Energy Star Certified: Many hurricane impact windows and doors are Energy Star certified. This means that the products meet strict energy efficiency guidelines and can significantly reduce energy bills.
How Hurricane Impact Windows and Doors Work
Hurricane impact windows and doors are designed and tested to withstand extreme weather conditions. These products are made using multiple layers of laminated glass, which are bonded together with a special interlayer. This interlayer holds the glass in place even if it is shattered, preventing debris from entering the home.
To test the strength of these products, manufacturers subject them to rigorous impact and pressure testing, simulating the forces of a hurricane to ensure that they can protect homes and occupants from the most severe weather conditions.
The Engineering of Energy Efficient Windows in Florida
Hurricane impact windows and doors are designed and built to be much stronger and more durable than regular windows and doors. They are made using laminated glass, which consists of multiple layers of glass bonded together with a special interlayer.
Furthermore, the frames of impact windows and doors are often made from reinforced materials such as aluminum or vinyl. This further enhances their strength and durability. The tight seals, foam-filled frames, and multiple panes used in impact windows and doors also make them exceptionally energy-efficient.
Choosing the Right Hurricane Impact Windows and Doors for Energy Savings
When selecting the right type and style of hurricane impact windows and doors for your home, it’s important to consider both safety and energy efficiency. Here are some tips to help you choose the best options that will save you energy:
- Look for windows and doors with low-E coatings that help to reduce heat transfer and keep your home cool in the summer.
- Consider double- or triple-paned windows with argon or krypton gas to provide extra insulation and further reduce energy costs.
- Choose frames made from materials such as aluminum or vinyl that are durable and energy-efficient.
- Look for products that have earned the Energy Star certification, indicating they meet strict energy efficiency standards.
- Consider working with a professional installer who can help you select the right products and ensure they are properly installed for maximum energy efficiency. By choosing the right hurricane impact windows and doors, you can not only protect your home during but also save energy and reduce your energy bills in the long run.
Always Opt for Energy Star-Certified Windows in Florida
Energy-efficient windows that are certified by Energy Star are important for several reasons. These windows are designed to help reduce energy costs by minimizing heat transfer and improving insulation. By selecting Energy Star certified windows, homeowners can be assured that they are investing in high-quality products that will save them money on energy bills over time while also reducing their carbon footprint.
Other Helpful Tips for Making Your Home More Energy Efficient
If you are installing energy efficient windows and doors, congratulations! You are on your way to saving energy and making your home more comfortable.
However, there are other ways to save energy in your home. Improving energy efficiency in your Florida home during the summer can help you stay cool and comfortable while also saving money on energy bills. Here are some tips to help you get started:
- Use a programmable thermostat to regulate your air conditioning system and ensure it’s not running unnecessarily.
- Opt for Energy Star certified air conditioning units to save energy and reduce costs.
- Replace incandescent light bulbs with energy-efficient LED bulbs to save energy and reduce heat output.
- Insulate and seal doors and windows to minimize heat transfer and reduce energy costs.
- Use proper ventilation and air circulation, such as ceiling fans, to improve indoor air quality and reduce the need for air conditioning.
- Use outdoor shading options, such as awnings, trees, or patio covers, to reduce direct sunlight and heat gain on your home.
- Consider investing in energy-efficient appliances to further reduce energy usage and costs. By following these tips, you can improve energy efficiency in your Florida home during the summer and enjoy a more comfortable, cost-effective living space.
Get Energy Efficient Windows in Florida from Storm Pro Window & Door
Many homes in Florida still have old, single-pane windows that are inefficient and outdated. These windows can allow significant amounts of heat to transfer into the home, causing energy bills to skyrocket during the hot summer months. In fact, you can lose up to 30% of your home’s energy through single pane windows.
Additionally, these windows provide little protection against severe weather conditions, leaving homeowners vulnerable to damage and costly repairs. By not replacing old single-pane windows with energy-efficient hurricane impact windows, homeowners risk facing high energy bills, a less comfortable living space, and potentially dangerous situations during severe weather events.
The good news is that you can get new energy efficient windows in Florida from Storm Pro Window & Door. We meticulously install each window and do not use third party contractors. This enables us to provide consistent quality and craftsmanship to every home in the greater Tampa Bay area. Contact us now for a free estimate!
When you want maximized protection from hurricanes and high energy bills, consider energy efficient windows from Storm Pro Window & Door.